Tuesday 27 December 2011

False Lash Effect - or is it?

One of my Christmas presents was the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, in limited edition gold. Now I do get scammed rather easily, but when choosing which mascara to ask for, the words "false lash" just stood out at me. Isn't that the goal of all mascaras after all, to get that look but without the glue and the faff of pulling out half your eyelashes after 10 shots at the end of the night.
Upon opening the tube, the first thing I thought was that the brush was a bit ridiculous, and I might have nice eyelashes but end up having poked my eyes out. Applying it is fine apart from Max Factor have cleverly removed the bristles at the end of the brush, so reaching the corners of your lashes becomes a bit of a challenge. Anyways, here is a before and after:


It's pretty decent, though I'd say it fares much better at "defining" and curling rather than actually volumising. Now compare with 1 coat of the Maybelline Cat Eyes one (bear in mind this is my left eye, which always looks worse, probably because I apply it with my left hand)(also, photo is slightly out of focus):
 Difference? Well, the False Lash one is definitely neater, and the lashes are all generally pointing in the right angle. It also holds the curl much better by the end of the day. 2 coats of the Maybelline one was in the previous post, and it was a pretty clumpy affair. But as the Max Factor one is £11....really, I would have expected a bit better. The point is, I've come to the conclusion that they're all the bloody same - no matter what they call it, or how neon the packaging is, there doesn't seem to be a mascara out there that will multiply your eyelashes and make them reach your eyebrows. Sadtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment