Thursday 29 December 2011

Barry M Lipgloss

After seeing this plastered in Boots http://www.oliviasobsession.com/DoutzenKroesLorealColorRiche2.jpg , I was suddenly left wondering how I could get the same look in time for the festive season - it's not just red lipstick, but summin' else entirely. Turns out it's a red-plum lipstick with a golden one over it. But before I knew that, I spotted this in the Barry M section and pretty much had to buy it.
It's basically glitter! On it's own it's not that amazing, as the glitter density is never quite as good as it looks like in the tube. It also smells very strongly of bubblegum and kinda stings when on.
However, with red lipstick (I swear it wasn't orange, the camera is 4.1 megapixel and pretty shoddy):
It's a bit better (apart from the skewed pout which makes me look like I've fallen asleep/broken my jaw). This would probably work more with a dark red. Also, picked up some bargains from the bargain box: 
As Borat would say, great success! Half of that will be going on my face for NYE and then up on this blog as the first and last tutorial of 2011. Despite now owning 4 pairs of them, I've never actually used fake eyelashes... This has the potential to be dreadful, but I'm now settled on doing a heavy black eye (not that kind of black eye) for the 31st - black glitter, eyelashes, nothing on the bottom half of the eye. Got that to look forward to - though our New Year's party might in fact be a Midsomer Murders marathon, thanks to our slight lack of concrete plans :D Happy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment