Sunday 1 January 2012

NYE!

It's 2012!! I spent my NYE at a brilliant house party where I met the host for the first time upon turning up. As this was the first time in years I was going to an EVENT, I decided the make-up had to be pretty heavy. So this is what I did.
1) Face - foundation, concealer, undereye concealer and some Touche Eclat from a free sample in a magazine. Followed by blusher, bronzer and highlighter. Party-proof.
2) Primer on the eyes - I use Urban Decay primer potion, the ultimate feat of chemistry. Foundation is apparently a semi-decent alternative though.
3) Black/blue eyeshadow, quite "smokey". Not that important how neat/even it is though, as most of it will be covered. I used a mix of navy and a black sparkly one from Barry M. With those it's good to hold some paper under your eye, otherwise half of it ends up on your cheeks.
4) The main part - I used this loose glitter & gel wand that I bought a couple of days ago, from Collection 2000. If you don't have such a thing, liquid eyeliner works as a good base for glitter. Or, just buy a sparkly liquid eyeliner and apply that in hefty amounts all over the eye.
This was the outcome - half of the glitter does end up on your face though, so you will need makeup remover/sellotape and some more foundation. Sorry about the poor photo quality!
I also used a sparkly eyeliner in the same colour scheme to patch up any corners and make it symmetrical.
5) Finish with lashings of mascara. I'm afraid the false eyelashes didn't happen yet again - I have GOT to stop buying them, however pretty/authentic they may look, as I have never succeeded in using the things. Shame.
Anyways, that was "the look"!

No comments:

Post a Comment