Thursday 5 January 2012

Perfumes

It's 4 days into the "New Year" and I've completely and utterly wasted the day - revised for about 2 hours till I had to give up. The rest of it was spent re-watching Gossip Girl (I've been told there's about 10 films I desperately NEED to see to be able to call myself a 21st century cultured person, but no, re-watching a TV series is what's happenin'), listening to Deadmau5 and eating a variety of cakes "because our heating is broken". 
I saw this on Facebook and think it's the case for pretty much everyone. Anyways, the point of this sad monologue is I'm doing something useful(ish), in the form of perfume reviews!
After about a year of wearing DKNY Delicious, the green one, I felt it was time for a change. I never really buy perfumes because I keep getting them as presents from my gran, but she has about a 30% success rate in buying me smells I actually like...the rest I give to my mum or leave for a couple of years till it's not the same colour as it was, and then I HAVE to throw it. But when I saw this one on sale in Duty Free at Schiphol Airport, it had to be bought! The bottle is neon!
It's MaDame by Jean Paul Gaultier. Now I don't know anything about "notes" to tell you exactly what 20 flavours are in this, but at first I thought it was sweet, now I smell oranges and spice in this. Whatever, the point is it's really nice! After this runs out, my wanted-list goes something like this:
1)CK Shock - very sweet
2)Forbidden Euphoria by Calvin Klein - spicy
3)Versace Red Jeans
4)J'Adore by Dior - smells exactly like Tropical Paradise by Escada, but being Dior, I'd hope it stays on longer
5)ALDO perfume - yes, the shoeshop (and not ALDI the supermarket!). Also smells rather tropical.
I'm sure there were a few others, but that's probably enough for now! Also, loved the smell of Parisienne by YSL, but sadly it's not for me - it kept wafting at me all day and gave me a headache in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment